How to add caption files to videos in Vimeo:
- While logged in to your Vimeo account, click on the video for which you want to add caption files.
- Click “Distribution” in the menu on the left, then “Subtitles”.
- Navigate to “Subtitles and captions” in the menu that pops up alongside, then click on the “+” button.
- Select the desired language for the files in the first dropdown menu, and select “Subtitles” (Note: *NOT* “Captions”) in the second dropdown menu.
- Select the appropriate caption file from your computer. When using Threadeo, this would be the SRT or VTT caption files that you can export for any video or audio content. Once you select the appropriate caption file, it file will upload.
- After upload is complete, turn on the toggle for the language you just added.
- Repeat these steps for each caption file in each language.